Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

How to speed up your building time

Hi there guys, Its been a while since the last post.

Today is just a sharing on how to speed up your building time or at least double your effort when building kits. By the way, this is also my first time building this HG Lightning Gundam, I hope you enjoy doing this as I have.




Here's what you need when basically building a kit. An HG kit that is.

Side cutters
blade (X-acto blade)

Let's start building. (these may be familiar to some, but to others, here's my tip for you)

STEP 1: Lay down all runner/sprues alphabetically. Say Runner A next to B then next to C and so on, so its going to be easy looking for the right runners/sprues while building...

Now I'll skip some parts of the building process here. I'll go directly to the part where you build the symmetric parts of the kit, like the Arms and Legs or anything that appears on both sides of the kit. SO I'll leave the part of building the Head, body and crotch.

The main technique I'm pointing out here is instead of doing the build in order as per manual, We'll do the parts that are almost the same. It's like doing the part 2x. 

Here's how..




STEP 2: Cut the parts out just like how it is demonstrated.

I followed Step4 in the manual, and as per instructed, C28, C19, C16, and C29.

In Short, I'm Just following Step4 in the manual for the right arm but doing both left and right at the same time. The Key here is treat building as putting up puzzle pieces that we need to exercise our brains to figure out how the other side's part will look like. 

Let's continue following the manual for the right arm. Step5 of the manual. 





STEP 3: Step6 & 7 of the manual.

Just follow the instruction from here for both sides.






STEP 4: Step8 & 9 of the manual.

Again follow the instruction from here for both sides.





STEP 5: Connect both arms to the main body as per Step14 of the manual.


And since we're done doing both arms, no need to follow Steps10-13 of the manual.





STEP 6:Start doing the legs. Apply the same concept of doing both sides.






STEP 7: Step 16 & 17 of the manual.






STEP 8: Step 18, 19, 20, 21 of the manual.








And since we're done as well doing both legs, no need to follow Steps22-26 of the manual.




STEP 9: Finish the rest of the kit following the instructions for the crotch and weapons.





And that's just about it. This is how I manage to finish building my HG kits in half the usual time. Plus, this will get even better once you practice and get use to building kits. Sometimes I don't even look at the manual anymore, only when I need to know the PC or polycaps.


Hope this helps you guys out, cause it helped me a lot just doing this :D

And that's it for this tip.


Any questions or other issues you'd like me to address, you may message me thru:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aro9nes
email: andrewnaynes@gmail.com

Until then... See ya!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment